Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Prototyping For The iPad. Axure Works Well.

I started prototyping for the iPad recently. I normally use @AxureRP for prototyping. I explored several tools and resources that claimed to be built from the ground-up for mobile application prototyping. I realized that most tools ask you to create a series of screens and then hyperlink them. That works ok. But I wanted a more realistic feel for my iPad prototypes. I wanted screen elements to glide across the screen like in a real iPad. After some trail and error, I used Axure and the associated screen templates to create my prototype.  The results are really cool. I was very impressed with what we can do with Axure. For example, you can make screens move across the screen like the Twitter app for iPad. I am confident that the prototype is realistic enought to be shown to users for their feedback on functionality and usability. I'll keep you posted. I might create a video some time in the future on the things I did to get the glide functionality. If you have questions, let me know. I'll be glad to chat.

Image from Browse-tools.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...