Sunday, October 30, 2011

Half The Participants Downloaded The Conference App At LinkedIn Talent Connect

The LinkedIn Talent Connect 2011 conference had a conference mobile app. To the best of my knowledge, audience could give their feedback to sessions only via the app. The audience was recruiters and i noticed almost all of them had a smart phone. Even then, on day 2 only 50% of the audience had downloaded the app. I thought that was an interesting statistic.

Even though I was carrying a smart phone, I did not miss the app much. I did not care about giving feedback to the sessions. Conference apps need to provide something more than just replicate information already available on paper or automate processes previously done using paper. Conference app designers need to think about taking advantage of capabilities only the mobile phone could provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...