Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Purpose Of Multiple InBoxes

I used to wonder about the purpose of multiple emails inboxes in multiple systems. For example your online back account has its own inbox. Your hospital's online account has one. I thought all we needed was just one universal personal email inbox provided by providers such as Google or Yahoo.

A message from my bank today gave me some insight into why my bank wants me to have a separate inbox, which has a higher level of online security. When there is a sensitive message to be shared, my bank posts the message to the inbox maintained by the bank, and only sends a notification to my personal email account. I am forced to go online into the more secure inbox to check my sensitive message. I think my hospital might do the same thing. Now I understand the purpose behind multiple inboxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...